About The Yankee Institute
"Everyone in Connecticut should be Free to Succeed"
The Yankee Institute develops and advances free-market, limited-government solutions in Connecticut. As one of America’s oldest state-based think tanks, Yankee is a leading advocate for smart, limited government; fairness for taxpayers; and an open road to opportunity.
Together, we can make Connecticut a great place to work, retire and see our children prosper. Together, we can:
- Revive Connecticut’s economy and job market;
- Make our state affordable for young people, families and retirees;
- Restore balance between citizens and government workers; and
- Create a fertile environment for all businesses to grow, rather than helping just the “connected” few.
The Yankee Institute for Public Policy Studies is a 501(c)(3) research and citizen education organization that does not accept government funding. All donations are tax-deductible.
Yankee Fights for Connecticut’s People
- Provides research on issues including state spending, taxation, regulation and government accountability.
- Uncovers waste, fraud, and abuse in state and local government through award-winning investigative journalism.
- Exposes government salaries and benefits through CTSunlight.org.
Educates decision-makers and citizens, and trains the next generation of leaders through events, internships and outreach.